Wednesday 24 August 2011

NOTD;; Mondrian Grid Inspired Nails! ♥♥

Hey there! Here's that NOTD I promised using my new favourite white nail polish, Sally Hansen's Xtremewear in White On.

If you don't know who Mondrian is (Don't feel bad, I didn't know his name either! =P) He's the artist who was famous for painting black grids on white backgrounds with vibrant colour blocking. Google him, as soon as you see his work you'll know it right away!

So using that as inspiration, here's what I came up with:


Fun, right? I'm really pleased. I wish you could see, but my camera wouldn't pick up the blue and yellow sparkles I used over top of the white. It really finishes the look and makes the nail more unique, and not just a carbon copy of the artwork.

Alrighty, here's the breakdown:

-Sally Hansen's Xtremewear nail polish in White On (!!)
-Red: OPI's Colour So Hot it Berns
-Blue: Sally Hansen's Xtremewear nail polish in Blue Me Away
-Yellow: Silkline nail art pen in yellow
-Orly's Instant Artist nail polish in Jet Black
-Sparkles : Sally Hansen's Xtremewear polish in Disco Ball

These nails are really fun for the tail end of summer, I'm trying to keep it light and bright for as long as I can, but I'm still excited to dig into my fall polishes! Thanks so much for reading, be sure to subscribe for more fun blog posts and check out my rivuletsbeauty youtube page!

Lots of love comin your way!

Dylan ♥♥