Wednesday 17 August 2011

Rivu of the Day;; Urban Decay Primer Potions! ♥♥

I've been using urban decay primer potion in the original formula for at least 2 years now, it's been a staple in my makeup routine for its amazing staying power. Now, not only have they fixed my one pet peeve about the packaging, but they now have primers in three new colours for us to play with!
(I know, I'm a little late on this product, but better late than never, right?)

So, this is the old packaging for the Urban Decay Primer Potion...


As you can see it's beautiful, but not very condusive to getting product out of the bottle. Thank god Urban Decay rectified this with their new packaging:



This packaging is SO much better than the latter, the squeezey tube actually allows you to get as much or as little as you want (You really only need like a teeny tiny dab), and you can really use all of the product in this tube.

These are the four colours that the urban decay primer potion comes in, from top to bottom:
Original (Translucent)
Eden (Matte Nude)
Greed (Gold shimmer)
Envy (Champagne shimmer)

I've been using the potion in Eden lately for my entire eye area, and it's really changed my makeup routine and how much makeup I need to put on. Because of its yellow undertoned nude colour, it really helps to counteract and conceal purple and darkness in the eye area, at the same time as priming my eye for shadow. Because of this, I also like to use this product on my under eyes to help brighten and conceal.

Any cons? I've heard a lot of people who've own this product in the new tube for a while that after six months you really have to regard the expiry date (Yes, makeup expires!), due to the new packaging the product apparently dries up a lot easier.
I've also heard that this product can go on a lot thicker than the original formula and because of this can tend to crease and smudge throughout the day. I haven't experienced any of this, so I'm thinking those people who said that were just putting too much on. You literally need one itsy bitsy dab to do both of your eyes!

So overall I give this product super thumbs up, as if you guys expected anything else! =P This product is a cult favourite that definitely deserves its title. Thanks so much for reading guys, be sure to comment and follow to keep the good stuff coming! I'm going to be doing a nail tutorial for my latest NOTD over the weekend with any luck, due to popular demand!

Have a fabulous day!
Dylan ♥♥

1 comment:

  1. Your right!! <3 its so much better
    we have the squeezy tubes!! :D they are amazing i had a look at them and when im done with mine im buying the new one hehe
    i have like 4 of them from people who have gave me or ive bought :P
    but i so want the new one!!

    ReplyDelete