Sunday 25 December 2011

Top 10 Fave Beauty Tips of 2011;; Guest Blog with Kelly from BeautyObsessed! ♥♥


Hey Everyone!!
My name is Kelly from Beauty Obsessed and my I'm super excited to be doing a guest post on Dylan's blog today.
On my blog I have a Beauty Tip of the Week feature and I thought it would be fun to pick 10 tips from over the year that I feel are the most important and make it into a post called My 10 Favorite Beauty Tips of 2011.
Some of these tips might sound wacky to you, but I promise that I would never tell you to do something that I haven't tried on myself. 

1. A quick easy way to draw attention to your eyes is to take an eye lash comb and apply petroleum jelly lightly through the tips of your eyelashes. Not only will this give you a sexy subtle glow, it will give the illusion of longer lashes.



2. DIY LEMON/SUGAR FACIAL: Wet your face and using regular sugar and organic lemon juice scrub your face with this mixutre for a good 2 minutes. The lemons helps with acne, sun spots, discoloration and the sugar is a natural exfoliant. When using these together you will see smaller pores, fresh and clearer skin, it's almost like a mini face peel because it sloughs off the top layer of your skin. You'll love it!
* To see my full post on this  Click here!


3.  To get extra use out of dry shampoo blow dry the roots using a round brush. The mix of the dry shampoo and the natural oil will have the same benefits as a volumizer so you'll get an extra day out of your blow-out and have some extra volume. Also, flip your head over and spray some dry shampoo and blow dry for a minute or two.


4. Sometimes your nails can start to turn yellow from wearing dark polishes, next time you give yourself a manicure use one of the Effervescent tablets (the ones that you use to clean retainers or actually dentures lol). Drop it in a bowl of water and soak your fingers for about 5 minutes. You will notice brighter nails.


5. To get more out of your moisturizer try to apply it when your face is still damp from washing, this will help seal in the moisture thats already there. Massage for at least 15 seconds to boost circulation and maximize absorption.



6. When using powder foundation try and spritz your face with something like MAC's FIX + or a different setting spray. Or you can make your own like I do by mixing 3 parts of distelled water and 3 parts of glycerin (you can find a bottle of glycerin at any local drugstore for a few dollars) in a spray bottle. Mix it up very well and there you go. I cover my face with a layer of (any) powder foundation the give my face a quick spritz of my setting spray then blend it all in with a kabuki brush. The reason why I do this is bc it makes blending so much easier and it always gives you a fresh dewy look.
*If you wanna see my post on this that gives more details Click Here!


7. Here's a few easy ways to find out what category your skin tone falls into.
- Try an orange then a pink scarf around your face and determine which looks better on you. Orange means warm and Pink means cool.
- If the viens on the inside of your wrist appear greenish then your skintone is warm and if they appear more bluish then your skintone is cool


8. A really easy way to make your perfume last longer: apply a tiny bit of vaseline to your wrist (or wherever you are going to spray your perfume) and it will keep the scent from lingering away.


9. To ensure that your using the right color foundation, bronzer, blush for your skintone try installing full spectrum light bulbs wherever you apply your makeup. These bulbs mimic natural daylight, allowing the true color of your makeup to come out. Yellow bulbs will wont allow you to see what the true color of your makeup looks like.


10. Glowing Skin Secret: I swear by this tip, I use it a lot in the winter when I feel like my face is a little pale. Mix a quarter size worth of your moisturizer with some self tanner or a skin illuminator and apply to your face. The lotion will dilute the self tanner and give you just the right level of radiance.

So I hope you enjoyed this little post and if you have any question or you try out these tips let me know how they worked out! A special thanks to Dylan for letting me quest post on this sire, it was fun :)

I would love for you to check out my blog at http://www.beautyobsessed2.blogspot.com/ and you can also follow me on Twitter at @Kellabel.

Have a great day everyone! :))