Friday 23 March 2012

NOTD;; Minted Silver! ♥♥

Hey guys!

So recently, due to resounding reviews that I've seen and people going crazy over this colour, I picked up Revlon's Minted at my drugstore the other day. Naturally, it was the first thing I wanted to play with out of the three I got, but I was a little bit at a loss as to what to do with it.

I wore the colour just by itself for one day, just so I could look at it and figure out my plan of action. Of course, since I always wear nail art, people at work were asking me what was wrong and if I was feeling okay, which was adorable. By the end of the day, I was inspired (somehow, in a store full of fabrics and textiles!) to work with mint and silver. This is what I came up with!



These nails are totally fun to look at, and they're a great, relatively simple design that can be executed well with practice. It's also super simple because it only involves two nails polishes and it's all straight lines, but it's still intricate and dynamic. 
So here's the super simple breakdown!


-Rimmel 60 Seconds in Clear as base
-Revlon polish in Minted
-Orly Instant Artist in Platinum
-Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat

Tadaa!

I love the effect of the way the silver shines. In some lights, it looks like the silver is lighter, but then in others it looks like the mint is lighter. Very fun and a little bit distracting to look at!

I had a regular customer come in today and while I was cutting her fabric, she asked to see my nails. When she looked, she told me they were so plain!I was like "WHAT?! Look closer!" Apparently she had seen my graphic inspired nails ( >>SEE HERE<< ) and these were simply no comparison. I told her well yes, but inspiration like that only comes once in a while, and it takes a lot of time to make the work look that good! It was really quite cute.

So that's what's on my nails right now, I hope you guys like! If you own Minted, let me know how you like it! It can be a tad tricky to get an even coat, but it's a great colour once you've got it on. Thanks a million for tuning in, see you next time!

Much love,
Dylan ♥♥