Wednesday 16 May 2012

NOTD;; Mechanisms! ♥♥

Hey  everyone!

So today I was again searching for inspiration as to what to do on my nails. I had been feeling the darker colours all spring this year, and this time around I was far more inspired by my silvers and greys than any colour in my collection. It happens! Check out what I came up with:


I got inspired by metals and machines, how they form patterns within their inner workings that move together to create energy that powers our day to day lives. I referenced things like pistons, gears, and textured sheet metal to achieve this look.
Here's the breakdown:

(left to right)
-Sally Hansen Xtremewear in Gunmetal
-Sally Hansen Xtremewear in Celeb City
-Orly Instant Artist polish in Platinum
-Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat
-OPI Drip Dry




Smaller silver details like the crosshatching I covered with the Orly polish, and bigger things like the gear and the metal patch I used Celeb City. Celeb City does have considerably more sparkle then Platinum, but I think that gives more dimension to the look, so I'm very pleased (:


So that's what's on my nails, hope you enjoyed or maybe got inspired! If you try out this look or create a different look like this, be sure to let me know in the comments!

Thanks for tuning in, and as always, stay polished!
Much love.
Dylan ♥♥