Tuesday 5 June 2012

NOTD;; Steampunk Dreams! ♥♥

Hey everyone!

If there's one style I really love for its uniqueness and intricacy, it's Steampunk. The infusion of old-timey style and industrial pieces is precisely what inspired me to create this look. Check out my interpretation...


I tried something new and different with the chain on the pinky nail, with moderate success! 

And I must also give credit where credit is due- My friend Dan really wanted to play with my nail polish, so I let him do the artwork on the thumb nail (: I think he did a phenomenal job!
Here's the breakdown...

-Sally Hansen Diamond Base Coat
-OPI polish in Royal Rajah Ruby
-Zoya polish in Richelle
-MAC polish in Much Adored
(from the 2011 winter collection)
-SILKline detail polish in Dark Red
-Some gold chain I had lying around
-Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat

By layering three nail polishes, I created a subtle gradient of colour from nail to nail, and used a unifying dark red polish to create the designs over all the colours. This was my first time attempting to use chain on my nails, and though I do think there are better ways to do it than I did, I enjoyed the end effect it gave.


I also combined Richelle and Much Adored, a sheer white with gold glitter, on the thumbnail, and then forgot to get a picture! 

I just used my top coat to attach the chain to my nails, as a base to give it something to stick to and a sealer on top. It did bubble a little in between the links, but I like the effect it gives regardless.

So that's it, thank so much for stopping by! If you liked it let me know in the comments, or even holler at me on Twitter @Rivuletsbeauty (:

Until next time, stay polished!

Much love,
Dylan♥♥