Tuesday 24 July 2012

It's Swatchtastic- Let's Get Up Front and Personal with OPI! ♥♥

Hey guys!

The other day I went birthday shopping for one of my BFFs, and while picking her up a few bottles of nail polish, I went ahead and picked myself up some as well, with the aid of a buy 1 get 1 half off sale! Check out the spoils...











Left: OPI's Up Front and Personal

Right: Misa's Going Co-Co Nut

I'm really excited, Misa isn't a brand I've ever tried before, and Up Front & Personal was a polish I bought for a friend's birthday another time, and loved it so much I had to pick it up for my stash!





OPI's Up Front & Personal is a sheer light-golden-champagne nail polish with micro-glitters. As is found with most microglitter polish, the application is quite sheer.  Take this picture, for example.



From left to right:

1. This is one coat of Up Front & Personal. As you can see, it is quite sheer upon application. 

2. This is two coats of the polish. A little better, more uniform, but still relatively sheer.

3. This nail is one coat of Elf's Nude Nail Polish, then one coat of Up Front. This combo helps to brighten and intensify the colour much more than example 2.

4. This is one coat of Elf's Nude, then two coats of Up Front. It gives a really bright, even coverage, using the nail polish to its full potential.


Here's a shot of the full manicure, entirely comprised of example 4:


SO much better, right? I adore this colour, it's very flattering and quite classy. If you know how to use it right, it has a lovely finish. You can even switch up this technique and use a colour underneath instead of a nude and switch up the tone of the nail polish! I see pinks, golds, purples... the choice is yours!

I was so excited about Up Front and Personal, I forgot to swatch Miya's Going Co-C Nut, but it's quite nice! The brush could be a little thinner, but it's very opaque and easy to work with.

Hope you enjoyed this swatch post, let me know if you have these polishes and if you like them!

Until next time, stay polished!

Much love,
Dylan